Sunday, May 3, 2009

A message from Bill Hatch, Health & Welfare Officer

I would like to thank the Board of Officers and the entire membership of the Hudson Valley 10-13 for the fantastic gift of the "Edible" basket of fruit. My recovery from spinal surgery has not been progressing as quickly as I had hoped. After spending a week at NYU Hospital for Joint Disease, I was transferred to Helen Hayes Hospital and following 2 weeks of Acute Rehabilitation I was about to be discharged when I experienced a T.I.A., a "mini-stroke" with stroke-like symptoms but, hopefully, with no lasting damage. After numerous tests at Nyack Hospital, I was permitted to go home where I am receiving nursing and rehabilitation services by the Nyack Hospital Home Care. Hope to be up and around in the not too distant future. Again, I would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers and the beautiful gift basket.

Bill